This class of tenders & passenger carrying tug was constructed in 1908 by Cammel Laird of Liverpool for the Great Western Railway Co. The two craft were stationed at Plymouth.
These craft were used to carrying passengers out to larger ships and as excursion steamers for holiday makers hence the extensive bridgework as this area was used as a bridge / boarding platform for alongside the larger ships.
They were also fitted with towing hooks because of there secondary function as tugs with there short hull length / beam ratio and twin powerful steam engines these craft made a useful and powerful addition to the tug fleet when required and created extra incomen, they were used in this form in the Off season when the deck obstructions were removed.
Details of the kit
Details and construction are similar to the rest of our models comprising of GLASS FIBRE HULL and BULWARKS, LASER CUT DECKS AND plastic s/structure, metal & resin fittings, a set of BRASS ETCHED FITTINGS, plus rudder, props & shafts.
A Full size plan & comprehensive instruction book including details on powering these diminutive models with a standard servos giving main drive motor & electronic speed control are also included.
The deck planking is preprinted on self adhesive vinyl to ease construction.
All kits in this range have outstanding on the water performance as part of the design.
SCALE 1/96 Length 485mm Beam 130mm